For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), storing.com ltd] (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who determines the purpose and means of processing personal information and controls the processing of, your personal data).
‘Personal data’ is defined in the GDPR and is essentially information from which an individual person can be identified. By giving your informed consent and by submitting information and/or continuing to use the Online Facilities, you signify your consent to us using your personal data in accordance with the below.
We may need to change the terms of this Policy from time to time and changes will be posted on this page (and/or where appropriate, otherwise notified to you). Your continued use of the Online Facilities will be deemed to be acceptance of amendments we make. This Policy was last updated on (3-10-2018).
How we use your personal data:
Use of services accessed through the Online Facilities may require you to provide specific types of information.
We request that the information you provide is as accurate as possible as this allows us to secure your privacy in relation to registered services by differentiating you from others. Periodically we may send you an email asking you to “Update your Details” so that we are sure we have your correct details.
We use information about you for the following purposes:
- To perform the services you have requested, such as sending you our newsletters (see ‘Marketing information’ below). The type of information we may require and use might include, for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number and card or other payment details in relation to goods, services or content access you purchase from us through the Online Facilities or otherwise. We will NEVER share your financial information with other third parties for any reason other than processing transaction(s), fraud and credit risk protection, unless we have your consent.
- To alert you to other information, including offers and promotions, relating to us and/or commercial partners (where you have agreed to this). See below heading ‘Marketing Information’ for more information about this. For example, such information may include newsletters, offers, promotions, occasional surveys and other communications of potential interest from us.
- To carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer. Your feedback is valued and helps to shape the products, services and content access we offer or make available. You will have to opt-in (below) to receiving or participating in our surveys at any time.
- To manage and improve the Online Facilities and allow you to use the features offered by the Online Facilities. Information we use for this purpose may include (for example) that about your computer and, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. You will have to opt-in (below) should you agree this purpose.
We may also supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations such as our commercial partners, and group companies, so that we are sure that we hold accurate information.
In addition, we reserve the right to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and characteristics to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Online Facilities and to ascertain the number of users that have visited particular web pages. We also keep track of what you do with our newsletters when you receive them for trends and statistics and to evaluate the efficiency of our newsletter and information service. For example, whether you open, delete, or access links contained in the newsletter. We may provide aggregated and anonymised data (not identifying any individual) only from these analyses to third parties.
We will only contact you by email, SMS, telephone about our products, services, promotions, if you have asked us to do so. Should you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third-parties without your consent, except only as set out in the ‘Disclosing (Sharing) Your Information’ section below.
From time to time we and/or commercial partners (if you have agreed to receive their information when you provided your personal information) would like to contact you to tell you more about the offers, services, products and other initiatives available to you.
We and/or our commercial partners will only contact you if you have consented to this. However, if you are an existing customer (and have opted to receive communications) we may contact you about services, products and initiatives similar to those you have previously received or enquired about (unless you have chosen not to receive such communications).
If, at any time after registering, you would like to change your preference and opt-in or opt-out from receiving communications from us or third-parties you can do this at any time by emailing us on [email protected] or on the Cookie Declaration Page and notifying us of your change in preference.
Links to third party websites & services
We are not responsible or liable for the content, privacy policies or services offered by websites or apps other than the Online Facilities. We encourage you to read and familiarise yourself with the privacy policies, terms and conditions and/or other notices on other websites you visit.
Children and Young People
We realise and understand that children and young people, including those under 18 years of age (“minors”) may visit the Online Facilities, or otherwise interact with us and our commercial partners.
It is our policy not to actively market to minors.
The facilities or functions accessible through the Online Facilities are not intended to be accessible by, nor are they actively advertised to, minors.
Parents or legal guardians should supervise minors when online and we recommend parental control tools be put in place. Any minor using the Online Facilities and services offered is confirming that they have received the consent of their parent or a guardian to do so.
Storing and retaining your personal data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data, which is held in secure data centres in accordance with current legislative requirements, industry standards and technology. We will keep the personal data you have provided for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once that relationship has ended we will retain it in accordance with this Policy only for as long as we reasonably require and it will then be deleted and destroyed.
Once it is received we store your personal data as set out in this Policy. Your personal data is also encrypted for additional security.
We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor may that information you supply not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
Disclosure (sharing) of your information
We have already described in the ‘Marketing Information’ section of this Policy under what circumstances your personal information may be shared with our commercial partners, if you have agreed.
In addition, there are some other reasons why we may disclose your personal information to third parties and these are as follows:
- to other companies within our corporate group;
- to appoint other organisations to carry out some data processing activities on our behalf. For example, mailing services, payment processing, hosting service providers, other relevant partners used to help us deliver the Online Facilities to you;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply any of our other applicable terms and conditions for products, services, content or access provided by us; and/or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our commercial partners, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we share your personal information with third parties we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is properly protected and processed in accordance with this Policy.
Your rights to:
All requests set out in this section or other queries relating to this Policy should be addressed to storing.com ltd Long Haydons Bletsoe Beds MK441QW . Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. We will require you to prove you are who you say you are.
Access Your Personal Information:
You have the right to see a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Update and Amend Your Personal Information:
You have the right to ask that the information we hold about you is corrected by updating/changing your profile preferences or by contacting us as above. We encourage you to update your personal information promptly if it changes.
Opt-in of Being Contacted:
We have explained fully the manner in which we shall use your personal data and by clicking the relevant boxes on the screen upon which you provide information, or by contacting us, to give your consent for us to contact you for the purposes as set out in the Policy.
Close Your Account/Delete Your Personal Information:
You have the right to request that we close your account and/or delete your personal information from our database. We will make all reasonable efforts to comply with this request. However, it may not be possible to delete an entry without some delay and without retaining some residual personal information necessary for our legitimate interests, such as backups and records of deletions (including to ensure we no-longer communicate with you) or because we are required or permitted to retain personal information for other lawful requirements.
Your have other rights available to you under the GDPR in relation to your personal data. These rights can be found at https://storing.com/privacy
If you are dissatisfied with our response to any of your data privacy concerns you have the right to raise this with the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (https://ico.org.uk).
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including providing personalised web pages and recognising your choice of language. Cookies do not cause harm to your device, but, if you wish to stop your computer accepting cookies, go to the help section of your internet browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) where you will find information on how to do this.
In the context of the Site, the following cookies are deployed see Cookie Declaration
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected] or you can write to us at (storing.com Ltd Long Haydons Bletsoe Beds MK441QW or call us on (01234-782822).